quaint little rutted bucket



Monday, November 24, 2003

here's something I found while lurking through the usual places I go when I'm online...

[thanks, athlonFan!]

Chance vs. Choice

When we meet the right person to love when we're at the right place, at the right time. That's chance. When you meet someone you're attracted to, that's not a choice. That's chance. Being caught up in a moment (and there's a lot of couples who get together because of this) is not a choice, that's also chance. The difference is, what happens afterward? When will you take that infatuation, that crush, that mind-blowing attraction to the next level? That's when all sanity goes back, you sit down and then contemplate whether you want to make this into a concrete relationship or just a fling.

If you decide to love the person, even with his faults, that's not chance. That's choice. When you choose to be with a person no matter what, that's choice. Even if you know there are many people out there who are more attractive, smarter, and richer than your mate, and yet, you decide to love your mate just the same, that's choice. Infatuation, crushes, attraction comes to us by chance. But true love that last is truly a choice. A choice that we make. Regarding soulmates, there's a beautiful movie quote that I believe is so true about this: "Fate brings you together, but it's still up to you to make it happen." I do believe that soulmates do exist. That there is truly someone made for you. But it's still up to you to make the choice if you're going to do something about it or not. We may meet our soulmates by chance, but loving and staying with our soulmate is still a choice we have to make. " You can only see the true colors of a human if you taste its heart."

Oh, teh beautful! I feel *so* cheesy today.



Wonderful, wonderful Monday mornin'

I woke up nicely today. Sure, I failed to attend my fave subject, ENGLONE, but what the heck. It was a good morning, and together with nice weather, made for an even more picturesque morning while I was on my to that school-highlighted-by-green-and-white in Taft. Sigh. I wish more mornings were like these.

Anyway, after working for almost the entire weekend on my COMPRO2 machine project, I feel like hell. And sheesh, it's not even finished yet. Gee, I wonder if i'll ever get around to finishing it.

That's perhaps the reason why I easily noticed the beautiful morning... I'm badly in need of fresh air, after bouts of coding in C with some rounds of cool NFS Underground action in between.



NFS Underground

I find Underground the next-best-thing that ever happened to EA's popular 'Need for Speed' franchise. It combines the best of NFS' long-running arcadish-racing action with an entirely cool idea of flashy modifications that completes the NFSU experience. I find myself jazzing-up my Mazda Miata MX-5 in Underground a fun (and time-consuming) experience, as finding the best color schemage and the right amount of pizazz daunting even for a relative car enthusiast like me. Nevertheless, NFSU is fun. :D

I'll try to post some screenies of my l337 car both in action and on the [virtual] pavement. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home