quaint little rutted bucket



Monday, May 23, 2005

First day schmurdaze

A new academic year has just begun. New faces, a new (inter)face, a new schedule... it really does feel great to start another new year.

Problem is, I'm not getting younger. I'm actually getting older.

Walking among the froshies was like wading through high school crowds--obviously, these guys haven't nary a clue as to what they've just gotten themselves in. ::evil grin:: Seriously, there are already two batches younger than me. I feel so wise already, having experienced failure and mistakes and the eventual redemption of sorts in my studies that I can tell them a thing or two about a part of the entire DLSU college experience. I feel competent enough to be somewhat authoritative on all things La Salle. (I can even tell you a thing or two about the Founder after reading "The Work is Yours" by Luke Salm, FSC. Because I joined this.)

Really, I felt I stood out like a sore thumb along the corridors of... well, almost every building that have corridors packed with froshies. (includes LS, Miguel, Gox, SJ to name a few. We'll see how Yuchengco fares tomorrow.)

And yet, strangely, it is actually sort of refreshing to see new pretty faces around campus. (yes, i've been a naughty boy who's keeping his eyes open for... any girl that would capture this bloke's fancy.)

The desire to find somebody worthwhile has just bumped up five nothches up my charts this year. After languishing for two years as an oft-neglected thing (with the occasional high-points and false "sya na kaya" moments), it's actually become sort of a priority starting this year. Golly. This is going to be fun. Especially when you try it as a balancing act with studying.

You know you're getting older when the people around you start talking about their boyfriends/girlfriends. Even the people you least expect to hear this from: the 'studious' ones, the 'no boy/girl until graduation' ones, to name a few. Boy, it does seem like everybody's getting into serious dating and relationships. My GUICOED prof's even joined the fray by giving me wise, parting advice: "Wag ka munang pakakasal ha!" Go figure.

Oh, this'll be the last year my age will be having a "-teen" suffix. Hahah. Midlife crisis it is not. Bwahahah.

Bahala na.

Come to think of it, some of the people I know in FAST2003 are poised to finish their undergrad degree at the end of this year. As well as my batchmates in education. Heck, a lot of people are graduating at the end of this year. Sigh. It really is like a whirlwind experience. Or maybe a roller coaster one. I dunno.

I'll be adding my impressions of my classes tomorrow. Of course, sans prof names. :D

Babush.



Excellent Firefox Adblock filters here: Index of /pierceive/adblock (Just import into your Adblock preferences window by pressing Ctrl + Alt + P, clicking on 'Adblock Options' then on 'Import'. Finally browse to wherever you saved the filter file on.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home