quaint little rutted bucket



Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Hell week[s] over! Sa wakas!

No more exams for yours truly here. Finally.

INTRODB was fairly easy yesterday, but this afternoon's exam on NETANAL was teetering on the brink of a complete disaster. I was expecting my former S11 blockmates to ace it easily, but even they took the full three hours to finish the exam. Damn. Sir Jess surely put his most challenging circuits on this exam for us to analyze and pore over. And to think I quite suck at practical application of theory. :-S

Anyway, fail or no-fail, I'll still be going to CED, so its pretty useless in the bigger scheme of things.

I still need to submit a few requirements tomorrow, so I'll still be Taft-bound tomorrow. There are no good movies in the cinemas these days, but I hear "Collateral" (free registration required) is good for a film set in the City of Angels against a noir setting.

My music wishlist got longer after a trip to Music One/Tower this afternoon: I want George Duke. I'll be putting up an album review within the next couple of days, so stay tuned. (Hint: The artist is soooo 60's, dude. My mom and pop actually likes him :)



Mozilla Firefox Extension of the Day: FoxyTunes!

FoxyTunes is an extension to our much-loved browser, Mozilla Firefox, that enables you to control virtually any media player currently running (or even not running. :) Don't let the version (0.5.1 as of press time) fool you; its pretty stable and functional. So far, I've personally tested it with Winamp, WMP, foobar and quintessential player, and it works like a charm. This extension puts at within easy access most of the basic functions of any decent music player software.

If you have Firefox and like music playing in the background, get this!

If you're not running Firefox (yet), I'd have to ask you then, "Where have you been?" Download it now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home