quaint little rutted bucket



Thursday, May 06, 2004

Three weeks. Three weeks. Three more weeks.

I'm pretty surprised at how fast this 'vacation' is unravelling. Yes, I might be bored to death whenever I'm not doing anything away from home, but it still is plenty fast. Oh well.



Somebody came here looking for the lyrics to Steve Tyrell's "I've Got a Crush on You". Funny, I was doing exactly the same thing a few weeks back. The lyrics for Steve Tyrell's version is pretty hard-to-find, so I had to a bit of research. Anyway, I did save you the trouble of looking for it: here you go, derived from Sinatra's version. Check it out.

Steve Tyrell’s “I’ve Got a Crush on You”

Originally written by Cole Porter and performed by Frank Sinatra, Steve Tyrell’s crooning gives a lovingly-made, timeless, albeit short song a new twist and even more romantic flavor.

I’ve got a crush on you, sweetie pie
All the day and night-time hear me sigh
I never had the least notion
That I could fall with so much emotion

Could you coo, could you care
For a little cottage that we could share
The world will pardon my mush
’cause I have got a crush, my baby, on you

Could you coo, could you care
For a country cottage that we could share
The world will pardon my mush
’cause I have got a crush, my baby, on you



geekish ramblings

disclaimer: if you find the following segment of text strange and or seemingly alien language-sounding, you're not alone. you can always leave, though. :)

I'm beginning to hate nVidia. Really. My FX 5600 has given me a lot of problems recently, not to mention its lackluster performance. I mean, I have to stand gaming at 800 x 600 on a 17" display on a number of recently-released games. Without antialiasing and anisotropic filtering. Nasty. Really. I miss my GF4 Ti card.

And oh, how those new Series 50 ForceWare drivers sux0rs. Apparently, my 5600 doesn't want them; it behaves pretty weirdly, it experiences some sort of memory leak or something, where all those graphical information like textures doesn't get removed from the video card's memory. Anyway, that's my hypothesis. And to think the 50 Series was supposed to improve performance for NV3x parts. Anyway, to resolve the stability issues I've come to love Omega's modded drivers as they provide much better quality and a bit of a performance boost compared with nVidia's plain-vanilla ForceWare/Detonator releases. But even that poses a dilemma: Omega's 53.03 release is cool, but it still fux0rs up CMR4. So it's Omega's 45.23a, which is pretty slow, and a beta driver release intended for Nvidia's new, spanking GeForce 6 series. I went with the betas, which actually resolved most of the issues I have, while keeping performance and quality in line. Its not exactly Omega-esque in quality, but quite passes my taste.

I want a Radeon 9600XT card just to see how things are doing on the Canadian side of things. :)



DLSU has already claimed a casualty from Comtech. Sigh. I dunno if its the demanding nature of college, or perhaps his neglect, but either way, comsci is pretty challenging.

I've also decided to shift. If it goes well, then lucky me, but if not, then comsci it will be. Or I might try at later time.

Education, here I come. :)

Currently listening to: Michael Bublé's "Sway" (LOL anyone up for some chachacha? :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home