quaint little rutted bucket



Saturday, July 24, 2004

After almost a week of no updates...

COEd, here I come!


I'm now officially under the BSE-ENG (Bachelor of Secondary Education - Major in English) program of DLSU's College of Education. And there's no turning back. :)

This decision was mine, all mine. :) It's not something my friends or even my parents made for me, I made it all by myself not overnight, nor even for a month; it was a decision that took almost half a year to make. Making it was hardly easy, as one has to put into mind that its one that will have a profound impact on how I'll later turn out to be as an individual in the future, let alone what I'll be doing for a living. I am responsible for this, and given the way things are today, I feel that I'll do pretty good in that program, instead of the one I'm in right now. I just don't think I have what it takes to complete ComSci, in addition to the fact that I just don't see myself in an office, working 8 hours a day with computers and information systems. I wanted to do something more than that, and I feel that a career in education strikes an almost perfect balance between making a living, reaching out to other people and being of service, not only to young minds, but also to the noble process of nation building. That I feel is, the most important part of it all.

Seriously though, and putting the fancy wording and fluff aside, I honestly am feeling anxious over this entire thing. I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with the relative newness of this to me, or perhaps the uncertainty. I dunno, really. Sigh. Why does life have to be this difficult? :-S

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to become an educator, and I'm going to be an excellent one at that. I am, for the record, still looking forward to *that* day. :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home