quaint little rutted bucket



Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sunday Morning
Oh, isn't the smell of fresh incense in the morning lovely? Heheh.

Just got back from two eucharistic celebrations at the local community parish, the 7 - 8 AM mass (early) and the one immediately preceding that. (waaaah! now, this is *real early* at 6AM!)

This lector commentator thing that I've been doing since the start of this year has its ups and downs. On one hand, you have the chance to give back to the local community and feel good all over. It is really rewarding to be making use of what I think I do best.

On the other hand, since I've pledged to myself that any commitment I'll be entering in will never be neglected, I'm also finding it hard to say 'no' at times, especially during those instances when I have to be somewhere else. We are a bit shorthanded, so there are really times when emergencies arise and I am called to serve, even if its largely unplanned and sometimes even in conflict with my own schedule. It gets mildy annoying at times, although the thought of the people that I will be able to serve largely takes most of those away.

My committment has its ups and downs. There were months when I was able to serve without fail, and there also times when I've been missing out on my sched. (Hahah. Case in point: Last July and August, when I was doing community service for RELS. I missed out on *all* my Saturday evening anticipated mass schedules! :D But in all, I can say that I have been doing a pretty good job.

Don't even mention the 'unexpected' perks of the job, like being exposed to more people. I have been introduced to more members of the local community through this way. More brownie points for me.

There you have it. End of post.

And me off to breakfast. Hahah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home