quaint little rutted bucket



Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Blogger screwed up my posting last Sunday, after my dial-up connection was cut-off after a period of inactivity. Oh well. :|

Kabalarian Philosophy? You decide.

Here's a rather amusing thing to get things started this week and this term.

"What's in a Name?"

First Name:
Male Female


Please use standard keyboard characters and hyphens instead of spaces.


My name revealed something like this:

Your first name of Ralph creates individuality, independence, self-confidence, initiative, and an inclination to physical activity. You are not inclined to merge your opinions and viewpoints with others, to accept compromise, or to work in a subservient position against your will. Your expression is invariably quite direct and candid. Others find it difficult to accept your domineering and, at times, argumentative manner.


Heh. I'm domineering and argumentative? Gee. Quite the contrary, in fact. :))



another term starts anew

third term officially kicks off today. and so are my classes. of late, the only class I have for today is INTRODS, before lunch. Wednesdays. Sheesh. You gotta love 'em.

I'm still optimistic about the possibility of adjusting to another section for my COMPRO2 (Yay. My new fave course, after ALGTRIG. :) simply because I don't relish anymore the idea of going home at six in the evening. Sure, I'll get to see dusk set in, but nowadays, I figure I've already gotten more than enough of what I think is the best amount of PSE (poetic sunset exposure), so I digress.

I'm deblocked as hell too, so that makes me somewhat of an irregular student now. As of late, I'm enrolled in a CLA JPRIZAL class, a COE ENGLONE class, and the rest, in CCS, along with my PEDANCE class. (Dance! Hrrmph! Nakakahiya. o.0



At last! Finally! »» Kenny G's Paradise album is now in my hands

After waiting more than a year for this, I've finally gotten my hands on Kenny G's latest and greatest.



To start things up, this isn't your typical Kenny G album. Most of the tracks are bossanova-flavored, giving rise to another dimension to Kenny G's almost prodigious manner of playing the alto saxophone. This isn't smooth-jazzy either, as 'jazz' isn't necessarily splottered all over the cover of this album.

While Kenny G isn't at all the epitome of smooth jazz, his efforts at making it more accessible to more mainstream audiences is particularly laudable, especially with this album.

To some degree, I must admit, this isn't what I had expected of this album after hearing the duet he made with Chante Moore on 'One More Time' and with Brian McKnight on 'All The Way,' but album more than redeems itself with the variety of music and subtle touches of creativity Kenny G has rendered into his compositions. I'm a bit disappointed, but it was still good.

In all, I think it warrants the Grammy Award nomination that Kenny G got for this one. A good album, especially if you're into these genres of music. :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home